Tuesday 27 March 2012

Comes The Dawn

It was April 17th, 2010. I was going through the hardest heart break probably this heart would ever endure. It was not easy for me. I was very lonely, there was nobody I could share my story with so all I could do was to surrender to the pain and venom of my loneliness and hoping along the way, a light would shine to disperse the darkness on my heart.

Thirteenth day into my plight, I came across this poem; "Comes The Dawn" by Veronica Shoffstall. What a life changer it was to me! After reading the poem over and over again, I begun to realize as Kahlil Gibran said; "Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself, but if we love and must have desires, then our desires should be to melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To know the pain of too much tenderness.To be wounded by our own understanding of love; And to bleed willingly and joyfully. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving, to rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy, to return home at eventide with gratitude, and then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in our heart and a song of praise upon your lips."

Read the poem and enjoy it too;

"After a while you learn the subtle difference
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
And company doesn't mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises,
And you begin to accept your defeats
With your head up and your eyes open With the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child,
And you learn to build all your roads on today Because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn...
That even sunshine burns if you get too much. So you plant your garden and decorate your own soul,
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. And you learn that you really can endure... That you really are strong And you really do have worth... And you learn and learn... With every good-bye you learn."



No comments:

Post a Comment